See through teeth

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with my front teeth. Over the last few months I have noticed that my front teeth have become slightly see through which looks like a discoloration and makes me look like I have rotten teeth! I am in date with my regular dental checkups and last time i saw my dentist he said my teeth were in good condition. I don't eat sugar, I don't smoke or drink that much alcohol and I am generally healthy. I use sensodyne toothpaste and a fluoride building mouthwash. I am stuck and could really do with some advice and another opinion before I get forced to throw an entire months wages down the drain seeing a dentist. Thank you!

Attachments

• 2014-10-26 21.55.22.jpg
    2014-10-26 21.55.22.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 478
hmm, I drink a lot of cool water but it is always tap water, never from the fridge or a cooler. I drink a lot of herbal tea though and I tend to have an 'asbestos' mouth (as my mother calls it) so I guess I might drink them hotter than some people do.

Vote:
The reason behind this could also be acid erosion. If acidic drinks/juice is consumed in an excessive amount then eventually our natural enamel gets damaged and causes a faded/transparent look on our teeth. Try to avoid that and as far as herbal tea, I don't think that's harmful at all.

Vote:
That I can understand but I don't drink fizzy drinks or fruit juice because of the sugar. Any other ideas? Although saying that, I will do research into other acidic foods and try and reduce as I am very much interested in a wholesome, sugar free, healthy and nutritious diet.

Vote:

Ask a Question