Root Canal after 2 years

I have 23 years and had done root canal 2 years ago.I don't wanted to had root canal and i don't know that time what exactly was that so the dentist sad that i needed root canal treatment to save my tooth.I had filling on that place and i needed to replace so he drill the filling and came to caries and some black spot in the tooth that when he touched it hurt me and he say that is an exposed nerve.Before that on that tooth i had sensations sometimes for hot cold.Now i have filling on that tooth and it like from brushing thin trough time he say i need crow.Do i really need crown and can stay that tooth with filling all life with this condition i have composite fillings and i need to replace on that tooth and it is like 70 recent damaged and i want to keep it to the rest of my life?

X-Ray

Attachments

• SAM_0002.jpg
    SAM_0002.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_0003.jpg
    SAM_0003.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 514
  • SAM_0004.jpg
    SAM_0004.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 506

Vote:
As you've said, that tooth is 70% in bad condition so the dentist will have to check it if a dental crown is still applicable or it really needs to be removed and replaced with an implant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
I know but i want to keep it in condition that is like now,i don't want crowns especially implants,now i brush my teeth after every meal and i need to replace that filling but i don't know how time that tooth will be in good shape.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
If you are talking about the tooth shown in the x-ray above,i recommend you to do a crown.
The decision to stay with only the filling,and not crown,is at your own risk as it may get fractured at any time.

No implants are needed in this case

Vote:
I don't know i think is in good condition like i put very expensive fillings and find good dentist in my country that done that and for now i have no problems i think with crown i will have more problems like with my gums i have mild peridentosis my dentist say it is ok and there is no problem with the tooth for now.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
As a general rule, crowns are advised after root canal for two reasons:
1. To reinforce the strength of crown portion of the tooth
2. To prevent micro leakage into the treated canals.

So,it can be said that,its always good to cover a root canal treated tooth.And as you worry, perfectly prepared crown will not worsen any gums. The decision whether to go for a crown or to stay without a crown is,up to the patient to decide. Dentist just recommend.

If your decision is to stay without a crown,pls pay better care while you chew, to avoid breakage.Good luck.

Thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question