recurring extractions lately

Hello,

My teeth have always been sensitive but lately there has been a string of trouble. A year ago I had a lower right molar extracted on suspicion of a fracture due to pain and inflammation. It already had a root canal treatment in it and the fracture was identified when extracted.

A few months later I had lower right molar extracted due to pain which seemed to come from the root. In fact it took a while to pinpoint which one was the source of pain. Treating the root canal didn't seem to help so it had to be extracted. No obvious fracture was observed for that one.

Now I have the same kind of pain (and sensitivity to hot liquids) in my lower right remaining premolars. Again, I'm not sure which one is the culprit. The pain is coming from the root of the tooth, inside the gum. The pain is bad but I am also terrified to keep pulling the teeth out.

X-rays haven't shown anything in the past cases. Probably won't show anything now as well. My dentist is at a loss to explain. Please help me figure it out, what is going on in my mouth!? I rarely drink, don't smoke, exercise, eat healthy etc.

Thanks!

Ask a Question