question about upper partial denture

hi my name is mason im 22 heres my question

i recently got 3 front teeth extracted due to a infection my dentist said we can preform a root canal on those teeth but he wanted to wait at-least 1year before putting crowns on them so i made the decision to pull them after he pulled the teeth he said i would of wasted money on trying to save them with a root canal so i asked what options do i have so i went with a partial denture they problem im having is that when i bite down the front moves upwards and the plate moves down i went back and asked him if this was normal function he said yes so what im asking is how do i eat foods that require my front teeth like hamburgers pizza ect by the way this is a tempary partial that was made about a month and a half after the teeth where pulled, so is it just a matter of getting used to it or do i need to look into something better thanks

Eating certain foods can be difficult with partials. Temporary partials aren't as strong as permanent partials. You may have to cut your food into smaller pieces or bite with the natural teeth that you have left instead of directly on the front of the partial. The best solution to restore missing teeth are dental implants. If you're not interested in implants you may choose to get a permanent partial in a few months after all of your healing has taken place.

Vote:

Ask a Question