Problem with extraction, please help, any advice?

I'm 16, and as a very young child I got abused by my dentist and.. long story short I'm very hesitant with dental work. I The issue happened at around 6 or 7.. and I refused to go to a dentist.. April 2014 I finally got tired of all the tooth pain and decided to go and get everything fixed. I got a fantastic dentist and I have no problems letting him do anything. he's done a lot of deep fillings and a root canal. I don't care about it.. it doesn't make me nervous, I have no problem with getting injected with lidocaine because I'm so used to it. However when I first went in April 2014 my dentist and I made a sheet of everything that needed to be fixed and both of my second molars needed to be extracted. #18 is worse than the other one.
In fall 2015 I went to an oral surgeon to get them both extracted and the lidocaine alone wasn't enough for me when he attempted to pull them it felt like no lidocaine was there. I was told I could be knocked out.(I'm now realizing that it doesn't mean totally knocked out.. apparently it only makes you groggy and you don't remember anything) so I go back to the same oral surgeon and he puts the IV in me and that's all I remember until waking up and being sat up and he was done. I didn't know much that was going on when I "awoke", but the first thing I did was feel only #31(left side second molar) was out and I said why did you only take one out and he told me that he had to stop because I started flipping out and grabbed his arm while he was doing it and kicked one of the assistants and put her on workmen's comp. I was very confused because I didn't remember any of this. After recovery of the extraction I attempted to setup another appointment to extract #18 and he told me because of what happened he couldn't put me out because he could get sued so I tried again with just lidocaine and I couldn't do it. The oral surgeon then verbally abused me because I was having a hard time with the tooth and he was rushing on the last time he attempted to extract it and he was getting frustrated so I tried a new oral surgeon to see if they could put an IV in me, but that oral surgeon told the next one the situation so it didn't matter what oral surgeon I went to they could only use local. This next oral surgeon was very nice and so very patient with me I was so surprised, yet again I couldn't do it.. he said he couldn't inject anymore lidocaine into me yet as soon as he pulled on the tooth just the slightest it was just the absolute worst pain it felt like there was no lidocaine injected at all. A week after he tried last time I was in constant pain, they prescribed me tylenol 3.. after another week I stopped taking it and it was a horrible pain so I was always taking it and always having them prescribe it to me whenever it ran out. This was in December or January 2014/2015. A few weeks ago in April 2015 I just had a few more fillings done and while there my dentist asked me if he could take out the decay out of #18 to make it not hurt all the time and possibly easier to extract and I was very numb and not feeling any of the fillings.. usually I would say no in fear that I would feel pain, but I said go ahead. As he went I felt nothing. He also, took a lot of the tooth down because the sharp edges were cutting my tongue and cheek and when I left it didn't touch my cheek or my tongue so I was happy. A couple days after this appointment I realized what he did by taking all the decay out was make the tooth completely hollow exposing the nerve. Since then food gets in there every single time I eat something food gets stuck and I use a small pick with bristles as the end to get it out, I always stab my nerve. It's always a very bad constant ache. The tylenol 3 I mentioned earlier wasn't doing enough so they prescribed me vicodin and whenever I don't take it it just hurts constantly.. on friday I ran low and my dentist was on vacation so I had to wait until today Monday to get more and then he told me that he's prescribed me so much that he can't prescribe anymore.. now I have to just sit through constant pain and am trying to get the tooth extracted but, what should I do? I can't be given IV and it's so much pain getting it pulled with just lidocaine, never mind how hesitant i am to even try with just lidocaine because I already know it's going to hurt?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Ask a Question