BSSO surgery

Bear in mind that I am in a lot of pain at the moment so my language my suffer accordingly.

I had a BSSO surgery three weeks and one day ago (I can only open my mouth for about 2 cm or maybe not even that). Went to dentist today because my surgeon "missed" that I had a severe caries on tooth 47, and an advancing one on tooth 37.

I have had practically no pain whatsoever. but as she said to restore that tooth as soon as possible, I went to the dentist today.

Well now it hurts like HELL. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would say about 8.0, maybe even 8.5 and I have a high tolerance for pain.

The toot I got "fixed" today was tooth no. 47. I have severe pain on my right side of the face, though I am not entirely sure, if the tooth in question hurts, as it seems that the entire part of that side hurts, but I even believe that the pain is even on the upper jaw, not lower one.

I am uploading the x-ray photo, taken relatively recently, right about the time after the surgery.

Please help.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20160723_213516.jpg
    20160723_213516.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 482
You had a BSSO surgery recently but there is no plates or screws on the lower jaw? Second, it takes weeks for the swelling to go away; thus, the pain you are having could be a combination from opening your mouth during the procedure and from the actually deep cavity ( assuming we are talking about tooth #31/ Lower Right second molar) and the tooth could be in need for root canal treatment. I hope things get better. AF05

Vote:
Thank you for replying! I had taken some pain meds yesterday, and the pain went away. It's not present today anymore.

Indeed, this x-ray was taken one day before the surgery (just checked the date).

I believe that most of my teeth need fixing? All the ones that are slightly whiter, correct?

Vote:
Maekos-

I am happy to hear that your are feeling better.

I am no clear on the notion you mentioned "All the ones that are slightly whiter" The way you decay/ cavity on teeth detected is though dental exam and x-rays: however, typical panoramic pictures are not a good measure of decay on teeth unless it's large (e.g the Lower Right first tooth from the back has a big cavity. Furthermore, you have braces on your teeth and that will block the view of the x-ray to show the teeth completely.

Finally, I hope you don't need a root canal treatment on lower right side as it look on the x-ray that it could. Regards,
AF04

p.S what are you taking for pain meds?

Vote:
I am not very familiar with dentistry.

I think I may need root canal treatment, but first I need to be able to open my mouth enough so my dentist can get access to the tooth in the first place.

I appreciate your help and replies!

P.S.: I took paracetamol for the pain

Vote:

Ask a Question