Please Help --- Dentists keep telling me different things :(

Ok, first I'm terrified of the dentist. As a child I was sent to the dentist every year or so for cleanings; never had a cavity, never had anything wrong with my teeth from hygiene. I had a few deformed teeth as a young age however (altho parent's didn't want to get fixed) at the age of 13 my lower left tooth came in (the one before the first molar tooth) and I hadn't lost that babytooth yet, and it came between the baby tooth and the first molar tooth. It cracked them so badly neither of them where saveable. I now have a gap in that space and anytime a dentist see's me (I have medicaid) I'm very much stigmatized for not taking care of my teeth first thing that gets said is "so, I see you have some teeth missing", and then 4 years ago, one tried to tell me I had 4 cavities that needed to be filled (I went to 2 other dentists whom said that was false...?) It made me have a lot of anxiety about dentists...

Fast forward to the age of 21, first time I've been back to the dentist since (you can guess why -- wisdom tooth bothering) She looked over everything in my mouth took exrays (both the little slot ones and the full one) and told me I needed my right lower wisdom tooth out asap... She said I had no cavities but one, and that one being a babytooth that never had an adult tooth under? She refused to answer me when I asked her if I could save the tooth.....

I went to 2 other dentists to seek out opinions whom said the right lower 2nd wisdom tooth is ruined and that even a root canal most likely wouldn't be able to fix it. One claimed I had 3 cavities and that they are unable to see them on xray's but "they are there".

Here is a copy of the xray http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=k71qd&s=8#.VbGCpvlrk3E
^ I don't have the current Xrays, but apparently, it's coming in more and touching the nerve more..

I also have hemophilia so I'm worried about the actual extraction...

My questions are..

1) Is there a way to fix the lower left (shows right on image) issue?
2) Would there be a way to save my upper right (shows left on this image 4 over..?) baby tooth that doesn't have an adult tooth that will come in? I've had a few tell me no, I had one tell me yeah, they can fill it...
3) I don't have upper wisdom teeth either is that normal?
4) Do my xrays look terrible? I feel like they look ugly/ and dentist will judge them.
5) I feel like my teeth are more brittle lately, I have been going through chemo and lots of steroids - could this damage my teeth?
6) Do all cavities show up on Xrays? Are the one dentists lying to me?

Some of my illnesses include hemophilia, lupus, and cancer. Due to the infections that it's causing I've been unable to do chemo to manage my illnesses and have had to go up on predisone which has been messing with my platelets. Ugh..

I need some advise ans I'm so confused with all this... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It is sad I guess you must stay positive despite all these things, May be you weigh other options? Few months back I got Dental Implants in Mexico, with the help of Placidway, a medical tourism company. I was referred by this company to Sani Dental Group in Los Algodones which is a modern and highly specialized medical center. I did not have so much difficulties in undergoing the treatment since the staff were so kind to us and made my wife comfortable.

Vote:

Ask a Question