please help! bite feels wrong after filling

I had two white composite fillings done today, on my back 2 molars. My dentist had me bite on a blue carbon-like paper after, to see where the high points on the fillings were to file them down. But during this, he also filed down the outside point on the tooth right in front - I think it's my first molar. Now my bite feels funny on that side, like there's more pressure on that not-filled tooth. It's not really painful, just uncomfortable. I went back to the dentist, but he says there's nothing wrong. In fact, he said that I was probably one of those patients that just had "more sensitive receptors" or something like that, so I'm more finicky about my bite. This kind of sounded like BS... Should I adjust to this difference in bite? Or should I go to someone else? I'm very worried that I now have a permanent problem! :(

Last edited:
It seems like maybe the filling is too large, so is causing the tooth in front to be pushed slightly forward - so now it's aligning wrong. I don't know if that's possible, but that's kind of what it feels like. I can't floss between these teeth because they're so tight now, even though the fillings were on top and not on the side.

Any insight anyone can provide is greatly appreciated please!

Vote:

Ask a Question