periogard and loss of taste.

I recently had deep a cleaning and laser treatment and was given Colgate PerioGard to irrigate with twice a day. I have had a fair amount of loss of taste. Mainly bitter foods. I have read very few cases this can be permanent. I stopped using the PerioGard last night and called my Dentist but was only able to speak with the dental hygienist. She was dismissive of my concerns and unable to connect me to the dentist. I left a message with the dentist but in the mean time does anyone know if there are effective alternatives to PerioGard? I don't want to compromise my treatment, but also an concerned with continuing to use the PerioGard.

That is a common side effect of perio rinses. It is not a permanent problem. Once your treatment ends your sense of taste should return to normal. These rinses are very effective,so I wouldn't be quick to discontinue using it.

Vote:

Ask a Question