Partials

Question, just received my partials for 2 front teeth. Was I supposed to keep them in overnight or keep them in for a couple of days when I first got them? Got them 4 days ago. I wore them the entire first day and put them in water at night, then I didn't wear them the next day so they were still in the water all day. Wore them yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but they don't go in and out as easily as when I first got them. Did I do something wrong? Could they have changed shape from sitting in water too long? My dentist barely gave me any instructions. He told me that they would "settle" and to brush them at night, that's it. So I'm just getting nervous, I notice that one of the clasps kinda scrapes my tooth when I take them out and I didn't notice it doing that the first day, could they have bent from taking them in and out? They feel extremely tight between my teeth, but they have felt tight from the beginning, is this how partials are supposed to feel? I'm just nervous, I waited 2 months to get these. My insurance is terrible..and now I'm afraid they weren't made to fit me correctly or something is wrong with them and I'll have to be without teeth again . This is my first time wearing any type of denture, so any help would be appreciated thank you!

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dear friend,
You will need a little time to get used,to a partial denture. If you are not okay with it even after a week of using it,pls feel free to get things done. At times,few adjustments with the clasps,some minor trimmings of the borders are needed to get it seated well.

Stay cool. Feel free to ask further if you need to know more.

Thanking you
Dr. Mins

Vote:

Ask a Question