Pacifier effect on teeth? (picture)

Hi. We have twins, about 2 yrs old. The boy uses a pacifier a lot. The girl never has used one. My husband does not want to stop using the pacifier on the boy because he says it calms him down. It does, but I am concerned about his teeth. Please see this picture

bit.ly/16aWqsp

It won't let me put the link because I am new member but try

bit

(dot)

ly

(forward slash)

16aWqsp

I think this is case sensetive, this last part the W must be capital

The mouth on the left is the boy who uses a pacifier, and the mouth on the right is the girl. His teeth look asymmetric, and some look short esp the ? first upper left incisor, and the one next to that. Also some along the maxilla side look maybe short. Am I correct in my viewing of this? The girl's teeth look perfect and straight to me. Is this irreversable? If he stops using the pacifier now, will these teeth grow longer and assume a normal shape and orientation of the teeth or will his teeth always look crooked, including when he sheds the milk teeth and grows adult teeth? What's the worst thing that can happen if he keeps using this pacifier until, say 3 years old? I want to show my husband some info from people who are experts. Of course we are going to the dentist soon, when we can get an appointment (the pediatric dentist here are full for months), but wanted some info beforehand. I appreciate all your help. If they photo does not come through please let me know.
thanks

Ask a Question