Open Bite

Hi, I have a question concerning my chin and bite -- I've done some research and after comparing myself to pictures, it seems that I have a receding chin? My orthodontist gave me braces (twice) in high school and a retainer in middle school to straighten out my teeth and address my underbite and open bite. Before my braces, my jawline and chin seemed to be perfectly fine, but since then, my chin has receded. My open bite isn't any better -- my upper teeth barely touch my lower front teeth. My orthodontist noticed this and said that maybe I should look into making an appointment with a jaw surgeon. Although I dislike my profile and my lack of a jawline, I'm not so keen on jaw surgery. Are there any other options? I'm not sure if this has any significance, but I am going into my 3rd year of college (19 years old) and I just had my wisdom teeth removed last week. I'd appreciate any advice!

Ask a Question