New toothbrush, bleeding gums!

Hi, I recently purchased a new toothbrush and began brushing and noticed my gums had started bleeding. Not profoundly, only slightly. I have gums that are hard to avoid when you brush. Perhaps the bristles on the brush are too hard for my sensitive gums? Anyway, I don't have gum disease because I went to the dentist about a month ago and she checked my teeth and said there was nothing wrong with them. What could it be? With my old toothbrush, they never bleed unless I scrapped too hard against the gum. Now, with this toothbrush, it's a common occurrence every time I brush. I brush twice a day, morning and night.

Please help :confused:

Avoid brushing too hard or putting too much pressure on the teeth and gums to prevent erosion and gum recession.
may use Pyodontyl toothpaste and a Colgate 360 degree sensitive toothbrush with an Extra Soft head.

Vote:
The reason of bleeding gums is your brush.
I recommend soft bristle toothbrush and don't go hard while brushing your teeth.
There are tooth brushes available in the market which are specially for sensitive gums please go for them.

Vote:

Ask a Question