Need advise on keeping teeth healthy while saving up money for implants

Hello, I am 31 years old, and have been a smoker for 11 years, and recently quit cold turkey. I currently have 5 missing teeth, and this has been affecting the way I eat, and has been making me depressed since I do not have the money to do implants. I had a bad habit of not brushing my teeth everyday, and smoking also didn't help also.

I need some advise on how to keep my teeth/gum healthy while I save up money for implants...I feel I can start going to a dentist 2 years from now, but during the 2 years...I need to start a good habit taking care of my teeth.

Any advise anyone? Thank you so much

It's a good thing that you aware of your teeth health but for your missing 5 teeth only option is implantation. Start Brushing regularly 2 times in a day and take advice from dentist to save other teeth also.
Good luck Dear.:)

Vote:
Hi liberrtines, based on what you said you really need dental implants. Let me ask first, where you from? I agree with @SeaUrchin insurance could cover this procedure or can lessen the cost. But if you're from U.S that would be a problem since dental work in U.S is really expensive, but there are some other options which many american choose. By traveling abroad specifically in Costa Rica and in Mexico you can have the procedure done. Since you're planning to have dental implants done 2 years from now you should know or at least have an idea how much you need for the procedure. To give you some insight about the cost of dental implant in Costa Rica it starts at $750 depending on the type of implants. So i think you can start saving and for now you need to take good care of your remaining teeth, dental hygiene is really important you can also go to your local dentist for detal check up and cleaning. Also stop smoking and avoid too much coffee it may stain your teeth and that would be another problem.

Vote:

Ask a Question