Need advice, don't know where to begin.

Hi all, over the last week i have been looking at the different types of dental implants on various websites. I have lost all my teeth in my late 20’s largely due to neglect as i was suffering with pretty severe depression and never looked after my dental hygiene. Now that i am in my early 30’s and have overcome the depression, i am left with my mouth in a complete state. I had some regular dentures made but i am unable to wear them as they give me bad speech and a gagging feeling. The only option for me is to have retained dentures.

I do not have the money to pay for this so would need to take finance (which may prove difficult in my current circumstances).

The question that i seek advice for is: where do i begin? Do i go and see a dentist first? Do i try and get finance in place before i see a dentist? Im confused and dont know how to get the ball rolling. Any advice much appreciated.

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
It depends where you live, but it sounds like your only alternative is to have implants placed so the denture has something to anchor on. The fees for implants range a lot depending on what is done. You need to find a dentist who has a lot of experience and knowledge in implants and dentures. Most dentists will tell you they are qualified but they are not. You want someone who has done hundreds of these, not a couple here and there.

Vote:
See a DDS who knows how to do a " functionally generated impression" after having occlusally adjusted your bite for a " lingual occlusion" set up on your dentures. Most experienced DDS are able to help if you are persistant ...and pay for two decent lab relines(500-1500).

Vote:

Ask a Question