my mother's poor teeth

Recenly, my mother have 5 of her tooth implants, which scares me.
She have three of her upper tooth in front implants: the first the third and the fifth implants, the second and the forth by making a bridge. And in the lower part making two more.
She made the recovery very slow, and cannot eat a lot food every day. I just wondering what if next time these implants needs to be changed like five or ten years later? Needs all the pulled out again and implant something new? How her gum afford it?

I would say, depending on the specific circumstances, this bridge can last a few year, if you are not careful with oral hygiene, the supporting teeth can decay and cause the bridge to fail or the bridge can last you over thirty years, if your hygiene is good and you are careful not to bite into extremely hard objects such as a fork. If you are contemplating a new bridge, then you should definitely discuss the options with your dentist of a new conventional bridge vs. two implant crowns. I need to advise you that if the implants are not properly placed or the implant crowns are not properly designed, then you could potentially get an unsatisfactory result with implant supported crowns. For the best outcome, select your implant surgeon and restorative dentist (Prosthodontist or general dentist) team carefully. Ask about their implant experience and definitely make sure that the two dentists have years of experience working (collaborating) together with implant patients. Implants should be cleaned, checked, and maintained on a regular basis similar to natural teeth. The Water Flosser is safe to use around implants and has been shown to be effective in maintaining gum health around implants.

Vote:
I need to advise you that if the implants are not properly placed or the implant crowns are not properly designed, then you could potentially get an unsatisfactory result with implant supported crowns. For the best outcome, select your implant surgeon and restorative dentist (Prosthodontist or general dentist) team carefully. Ask about their implant experience and definitely make sure that the two dentists have years of experience working (collaborating) together with implant patients.

Dear Madamn,
Thanks so much for your reply and so much appreciate it.
Her two bridged tooth are already been crowned. And I would definitely tell my mom to use flosser daily by cleasning her implants around. May be just for decoration and not using it is better. :)
And you do remind me that the importance of collaboration of the dentist and his team.

Thank you very much again for your assistance.

Vote:

Ask a Question