Loss of Enamel?.

Hello everyone. I have grown concerned with my lower molars and top molars. They have changed size and shape , the outter edges seem more jagged and rough, not smooth and rounded. My gums have receded.

Ive been to three dentists now but they all have said all my teeth look fine and no problems present. My teeth are sensitive due to using apple cider vinegar diluted with water during meals to help with my digestion. My molars seem to have been shrinking. Sometimes when i chew my food i feel like little tiny rocks or sand. I fear this is my enamel dissolving away. What can i do to prevent further damage?

drmins

Verified Dentist
Pls provide a pic of the tooth for better analysis. And what is your age? Do you have bruxism or clenching your teeth when angry or do your partner say,you clench your teeth when asleep?

Vote:
Pls provide a pic of the tooth for better analysis. And what is your age? Do you have bruxism or clenching your teeth when angry or do your partner say,you clench your teeth when asleep?

I am 22 years old. I have anxiety and often catch myself clenching my teeth during the day. I also clench during my sleep. I think the acid from the cider vinegar damaged my enamel, plus the clenching doesnt help either. The sand feeling comes and goes, usually during eating, after a meal or after brushing. I brush with the softest toothbrush i can find. I am worried because i have noticed a dramatic change in my molars size

Vote:
The last two back molars have changed from a box square shape to a more smaller rounder jagged shape. The molars dont look small because as they have gotten smaller, the gums have receded higher up

Attachments

• CAM00922.jpg
    CAM00922.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 356

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dear Alex,
The pic you have uploaded is not very clear.And an occlusion view is also desired to address your case.However,based on your history given,you are prone to attrition or wearing away of enamel.

Both clenching and acidic diet (vinegar ) contributes to this situation.I advise you to seek a dentists consultation at your place to have a Brux-guard done for you,to prevent further damage from clenching of teeth.

You are also advised non dental therapies like yoga or soft relaxations musics TO RELIEVE FROM ANXIETY AND STRESS.

Thank you
Dr. Mins

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
Disclaimer: Online consultation is never an alternative or equivalent for clinical consultation which is based on better history taking,visual and tactile examination.

Dear Alex,
I suggest you to use some desensitizing tooth paste (like Sensodyne Repair and Protect) and also some remineralising mouth wash. You can also ask your dentist for a brux-guard,if you have serious clenching.

Thank you

Vote:
Disclaimer: Online consultation is never an alternative or equivalent for clinical consultation which is based on better history taking,visual and tactile examination.

Dear Alex,
I suggest you to use some desensitizing tooth paste (like Sensodyne Repair and Protect) and also some remineralising mouth wash. You can also ask your dentist for a brux-guard,if you have serious clenching.

Thank you

I tried using sensodyne toothpaste with Novamin which worked great for my sensitive teeth. but i got an allergic reaction to it my legs got numb and tingly and my joints began to ache, im assuming it was the high fluoride content
So i switched to squigle sensitive toothpaste although it has not given me the same relief and results

Drinking or eating anything cold gives me the most pain

It is bugging me when i eat i hear the crunch of my enamel like tiny rocks. How can i advise my dentist that i think my enamel is dissolving away ?

Vote:

Ask a Question