Life problems from braces I had at 10 years old

When I was 10 years old, I had 2 healthy upper teeth taken out, the ones just behind my "fangs" and a brace to pull back my front teeth for cosmetic reasons. It was all the rage years ago.

As I grew through my late teens, I was tense and nervy but did not know why.

When I was 22, my spine twisted up and my hips rotated and 3 years later, was in so much pain that I couldn't keep on working.

By then, I realized that it was because of the operation and the braces that had pulled back my teeth way too far, changing the way my skull developed, putting pressure on my neck and back. Since then, I've had lots of helpful chiropractic treatment to straighten my neck, spine and hips and I've even got some good cracks, correcting a twist in my skull, but I can still feel the immense pressure from my teeth through my temple area on to my neck and back which I continually have to correct using chiropractic techniques.

I'm 46 now and haven't given up because I'd like to have a life and a family but the NHS in Britain does not recognize the condition. I've been begging them to take my teeth out, but they just ignore me.

My question: - Is there any evidence of this condition that I can refer to so that I can show my doctor? I know that the BBC made a panorama about this subject, having braces when very young which I was stunned to see but that was 20 years ago and it's not available online now.

Would appreciate any help.

James

Hi.

Is it possible for you to see a private dentist or an oral surgeon?

I'm not sure what options you have there as I'm in the US, but this sounds like something that maybe oral surgery or jaw surgery could correct.

I've had jaw surgery myself for different reasons, but it did improve the functionality of my teeth and jaws.

I hope this was of some help.

Good luck.

JJ

Vote:
Thanks for the reply JJ, private treatment generally is not an option for me but possibly for a diagnosis i could manage one. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for that! My jaw is fine, it's the warped setting of my upper teeth which put a twist in my skull as it developed and the effect it has on my neck spine. I've had lots of chiropractic treatment to straighten my spine which had multiple slipped disks and rotated hips. I've had a couple of good cracks in my skull too relieving some of the pressure but it's still problematic and need a diagnosis to be able to claim benefits when needed as my ability to work is effected considerably

Thanks for the advice JJ. I'll come back and update this thread when just for the record

james

Vote:

Ask a Question