Jaw joint and Invisalign braces, will it help?

I have a problem with the jaw joint. Slightly shifted to the side, not more than a few millimeters. Is it true that the Invisalign braces can correct it without surgery. My doctor said that it will help, but i am not sure.

Thanks for help.

Hi akademiaramn, I agree with @RIDER89 you may also want to seek a second opinion but to give you an insight about Invisalign braces it is a relatively new idea in orthodontics. Invisalign is a clear plastic mold that aligns the teeth without the use of braces. After obtaining impressions of the mouth, the orthodontist will use a computer to create clear retainers that will progressively align the teeth. The first retainer fits the teeth in the beginning of the treatment, and the following retainers will work to move them into alignment with gentle pressure. While each individual may use a different number of retainers until they achieve the result they want, it generally takes between 18 and 30 retainers to complete treatment. Each retainer is worn for two weeks before the next one is used. So it's a yes that with invisalign there's no need for a surgery.

Vote:
No no no! Invisalign was created for intentions to correct most just minor adjustments cosmeticly. Shifting a midline & jaw requires electics in specific configurations over ur treatment to fix it even if it's very very little. U can't place hooks to hook elastics on Invisalign. The hook goes on specific teeth for pressure from shift that specific tooth or teeth in a certain way depending on how the Ortho has u wearing them

Vote:

Ask a Question