Is this an abscess

I am coming here with a question. I am a 37 year old female who has an EXTREME fear of dentists due to a horrible dental experience when i was under 10 where i was afraid of the drill and the male dental assistant held me down. i was terrified. Needless to say, I never went back and saw a different dentist 10 years later only rather than discuss options, drilled cavities in the front of my teeth and naturally fast forward to current, those fillings fell out and due to lack of insurance and finances, never could get them taken care of. in my teens, i had braces for a short run as the glue and my teeth did not gel together and the glue literally ate my enamel. Anyways, at this current time, i know i need dentures. there is no saving or fixing. i have about 9 of my natural teeth left due to my own stupidity and not taking care of my teeth due to the EXTREME fear of dentists i have had. i am actually screaming for dentures at this point so i can smile. anyways, i woke up with this lump on the inside of my cheek like where the top and bottom teeth meet. if i feel it with my tongue, which i cant seem to stop, it feels smooth. if i feel it with my finger on the inside and my thumb on the outside of my cheek, it feels like a little knot, like a little twig could be in there. I am freaking the hell out at this point. Is there a chance this could be a dental abscess? The tooth directly next to that lump obviouslly broke off a while back and has jagged edge. What is this.

Ask a Question