Is it a cavity?

I noticed this brown dot on my molar this morning. I have Invisalign and wear rubber bands so I constantly see my teeth and this was not there last night. At first I just thought it was food because it looks like it's sitting on top of the tooth, but it won't go away. It doesn't hurt and doesn't feel any different. Is it a cavity? And should I go to the dentist right away? My scheduled cleaning is in March so I don't know if I should wait it out or not.. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 439
Yes, It may be a cavity but I think you have to wait at least one week and notice it every day. If you feel any pain or other problem, then go to a dentist or you can ask them when your routine checkup schedule.

Vote:

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
I think that's a piece of food stuck in a crevice in your tooth. Poke it with a toothpick and you'll probably wiggle it out. I would be extremely, extremely surprised if that turned out to be a cavity.

Vote:

Ask a Question