Is a Maryland dental bridge a good option for me?

I am congenitally missing two of my upper incisors. I have been told that there is not enough space for a dental implant and the only way to place a dental implant is to get orthodontics. I have been told that the orthodontics will take at least two to three years. Unfortunately, I am not permanently settled anywhere and have been moving around.

I currently wear partials for aesthetic reasons to correct the two spaces. I have been told that the Maryland dental bridge is so far the best option. I also considered the ordinary bridge but I do not want to compromise four of my front teeth.

Is the Maryland bridge a good option? What is the total cost of a Maryland bridge for two missing teeth? What is the lifespan of a Maryland bridge?

Thanks.

I seen many maryland bridges failed than succeed. They failed because its hard to bond metal to teeth and teeth do move over time. I wonder if the bridge can be done with all porcelain because it is easy to bond porcelain to teeth but i've never tried that possibly due to weakness of all porcelain construction. The conventional bridge lasts longer but more expensive and requires reducing the two neighboring teeth.

Vote:

Ask a Question