I'm 20 years old and my second molars haven't come out

Hi! I'd like to say I'm a relatively healthy, normal no-diseases-or-disorders kind of person. I'm a 20 year old woman. Growing up I thought the pain in the back of my mouth were my wisdom teeth, but I was told after going to the dentist that these are my second molars. This was two or three years ago. To this day they still haven't come through the gums yet. I'm guessing these are my primary second molars. Well they've poked through a little, but most of it is still pretty covered in my gums. Um, is this normal? I googled and apparently second molars come out at age 12 or something. (And btw, these definitely are my second molars that haven't came out. I looked at a diagram and counted and compared.) Unless.. do some people not have second molars? Could these be my wisdom teeth? How can I tell the difference? And if these are my second molars... should I be worried? I have no idea when and even if they're going to be out of the gum and behind my first molars...

Ask a Question