I had a big toothache but now its gone shall i see the doctor?

Hello , before 2-3 days i had a really tough toothache which lasted for 2 days i think i have a hole in my teeth because this has happened a lot to me in the past , now the pain is gone but the problematic tooth is kinda sensitive to touch even though this sensitivity is slowly gone too , my teeth are not in a good condition.... i dont brush them enough , i have some cavity maybe tooth decay too but nevertheless for some reason it doesnt hurt now.

My question is should i simply brush them much more from now on or shall i see a doctor , am i at risk to get an infection even though i dont have any pain? is it too risky to ignore this?

Im basically short on money and i want to avoid the doctor as much as i can , if there is another way to treat all these problems then i will prefer it much more , i also hate to go there because i cant breath whey they treat me .... i lose my breath with all those tools in my mouth and my nose is in a bad shape too so i breath from my mouth.... and i hate it a lot.

Shall i see the doctor? , do you have any alternatives to suggest? am i at high risk or something or since i dont have pain i am ok for now?

Ty in advance

I highly recommend seeing a dentist. If you had a toothache you have an active infection in your tooth. Just because the pain is gone for now does not mean the infection is gone. This infection can blow up at any time, and when it does you will be in really bad shape. Dental infections can grow very quickly and cause your air space to close. This means that you will not be able to breathe.

Also, you should definitely start brushing more to avoid this problem with other teeth in the future. But for now it is too risky to let your fear of the dentist keep you from getting the care you need. Let your dentist know you are anxious and they will help you in any way they can. Hope this helps,

Garrett Fiorenza, DDS
www.fiorenzadentalgroup.com
Greenwood, IN

Vote:

Ask a Question