How to keep a baby tooth/tooth replacement for minor

Hi!

A while ago, when I was 12 or so, I had an adult tooth grow behind the baby tooth, my dentist referred me to some orthodontist and over the course of 8 months they looked into it, after numpurpus xrays, they thought that the tooth must be a supernumerary tooth, so it was extracted. The root for the tooth was huge.

Later on we found out that they mightve extracted the adult tooth, and evenfurther it started to wiggle a bit.

Ive been very careful with it, and three years later I still have it, but recently, after a ball to the face, it seems to have gotten a bit looser, so I'm back at thinking about this nightmare.

Unfortunately, this left-for-dead baby tooth is a lateral incisor (#7), and being a highschool student, Im not excactly looking for the nickname 'toothless wonder'

I'm just wondering what options I have as far as trying to keep the tooth, and if It does fall out, what options I'd have to replace the gap

At this point, from multiple dentists/orthodontists Id have to get some type of thing that connects to the two teeth beside it to hold up a fake tooth until im old enough to get an implant.

Is there anything else I can do? Ive really ran out of trust for both dentists and orthodontists, Im hoping I can get some advice from one somewhere else in the world..

Ask a Question