How do I deal with a really dishonest dentist

I went for an exam to see if I would be a good candidate for a denture on screws. It was supposed to be free. I did a return visit supposedly to get an estimate which was also supposed to be free. This office wasn't well equipped and the old dentist said things that didn't sound right. So I decided to go elsewhere. The filed on my insurance and got money from them claiming they did films they didn't do and other things. They stated calling me claiming I owed money. Then the started sending bills. The first bill had a $50 charge for a late fee. It goes up every time they send one. Don't tell me to go to the dental board. I have done that and they are taking forever to answer and they state on their web site they don't do anything about disputes about fees. I filed with the BBB. I filed with the dental board for my state and they are taking a very long time. Besides, they let it be known that they don't do anything about fee disputes. These people don't care how they look apparently. They just argued, argued and argued that I owed money. I spoke with the attorney generals office for my state and they say small claims court. I don't have money for courts. What can I do?

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Why don't you ask for a copy of your x-rays, which you are lawfully entitled to. When they don't have anything to send, you say, "Yes, you charged my insurance for it and committed insurance fraud in the process. Perhaps I should report you. I recommend you drop your bogus charges and never contact me again.". Then hang up...

Vote:

Ask a Question