Hi from a real pain-in-the-neck patient

Hi all,

I signed up just now in the hope that i can get a few answers here in the short term.

Main reason - I need $8000 of dental work in the near future that I can't afford. I need to figure out what to do.

On one hand, I'm a good patient. After several crowns, several root canals, 2 apicoectomies, and the need for more, multiple dentists will be able to buy yachts for their golden years with what I've paid - and will pay.

On the other, I'm the patient from hell. I gag on the x-ray devices and I white-knuckle the arms of the chair through cleanings. I have one front tooth that I do not allow to be touched - it is still alive after serious trauma and a root canal, and it is sensitive in lots of ways. All this apparently means that I'm "uncooperative". For fillings or crowns, I do fine once I've convinced myself the anesthetic is working, but until then ...

Nice to meet you all, and thanks in advance for whatever you might help me figure out.

Ask a Question