Headaches after root canal

hello,
I had a root canal done on my middle molar on lower left side of my mouth. That was done 10 days ago. I am 45 years old male. About a week before the root canal he gave me antibiotics to kill the infections. I was having pain on my left side of my jaw, but couldnt pin point which tooth it was. So thats when he gave me antibiotics. After few days of taking that, it then pin point which tooth was causing the problem. So then he did root canal on the tooth. He said he seen infection from that tooth. And also he said only could clear 2 out of 3 canals because the 3rd was was seal shut. So after he was finish, I no longer had any tooth pain or jaw pain. But 2 days after the root canal, I started to have tension headaches on left side near or temple area. So i went back to dentist and he check my bite. He did some grinding to smooth my bite out but said was only little off. So i am still having headaches from time i wake up until i go bed. I take 2 over counter pain pills and then the headaches are gone. Thats until the pills wear off and then have to take 2 more. Been like this for past 10 years. Anyone have clue why this is happening ?
thanks,
Hulk

Ask a Question