Gum Sensitivity Between Two Front Teeth

Discussion in 'General Dentistry Discussion' started by Cool92, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Cool92

Cool92

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that I've had sensitivity in the gum line between my two front teeth. I only feel this pain when I'm eating and food hits in the area or when I'm brushing my teeth and use too much pressure in that specific area. I can't exactly pinpoint whether it's on the backside of my gum line or the front. I have a small space between the two front teeth so I can definitely tell that this is the focal point area of the pain.

I have checked and can't really see any lesions or redness so I'm confused of where the pain could be coming from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Cool92, Dec 27, 2012
    1. Advertising

2. Cool92

gotbfdk

Go see a dentist quick for a cleaning. You have gum disease witch can be reversed. If the swelling spread to the other teeth, it creates pockets called periodontal disease. You dont want that. Get a soft bristle toothbrush. When u brush and your gums bleed, keep brushing. Start flossing or get aa water pick flosser.
    gotbfdk, Dec 28, 2012
    1. Advertising

3. Cool92

Cool92

Thanks for the response. I just had a cleaning less than one month ago and there was nothing said about gum disease. In fact, the dentist said my gums were healthy. My gums are a healthy pink color and never bleed.
    Cool92, Jan 2, 2013
  4. Cool92

domtoreto

From my point of view, tooth sensitivity is tooth discomfort after eating cold or hot foods or liquids or even breathing cold air. If your gums shrink, they can expose some of the roots of your teeth, making them sensitive.
    domtoreto, Jan 7, 2013
    1. Advertising