Gum recession on lower tooth

I am 31 years old and am in good health, except for having Cerebral Palsy. I don't smoke or use any tobacco products. I started seeing a periodontist about 2 years ago because I have recession on one of my lower front teeth (front lower center). This is the only tooth I have recession on. I had my first gum graft in February 2013 and it failed. My periodontist did a frenectomy in April of this year and then did another graft this past August. It also failed. Both grafts were done with alloderm. My periodontist doesn't understand why my graft hasn't taken and says that I've followed instructions to the T. He also said he's seen patients not follow any instructions and they had better results than I've had. I'm frustrated because I don't like how it looks and I'm also concerned about the long term health. My periodontist says as of right now, I am not in danger of losing the tooth, but I still want to get this taken care of. He's out of ideas and we're searching for other ideas. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
David

I have gum recession on one tooth a lot and some mild recession on some teeth and like in my country there is no such thing like gum graft surgery so i started to do some oil pulling and i changed how i brush my teeth and go to dental cleaning try baking soda and some similar stuff and gels.I don't have much choice so if this things work it will be good and i am not into surgery kind of person so i trying to heal natural for like some time and i changed my diet i started to eat more healthy foods like organic.I don't know what will happens in future with my gums but i am trying to heal it every day.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dear David and Aki Yagami,
Regarding Davids case, a picture and an x ray are must to assess the extend of the recession. So pls provide those. And do maintain better oral hygiene to prevent further recession.

And Aki Yagami, i advise you not to use things like baking soda and similar stuffs on your gum. However,eating more of organic food will help you and your health,if not of much help to your gums.Please take an opinion with your local dentist,than treating with self medication and stuffs like baking soda.

Thank you both

Vote:

Ask a Question