Gray tooth white border near gumline

I attached a picture of my tooth, it's the right canine. Originally both of my canines were growing sideways and I had an incomplete set of upper teeth. After going to the orthodontist, he turned me into a project and made room for the teeth and after a couple surgeries I got them both down. One looks perfectly fine and the other is a grayish color and it's always had this white 1-2 mm line right where it meets the gum line, I went to the dentist specifically for this because I find myself constantly hiding it from people. immediately he was just trying to rush me out of the chair and said some bull that sometimes they come down discolored if they spend too much time before surfacing and gave me absolutely no reason for the white line either, he told me the solution was to just brush it. The heck??????? I've been brushing it for years without a change. The guy was definitely rushing me, he interrupted me every second and had a thick Indian accent. He only cared about the cavities I had which he could make some legitimate money on I guess ... Sooooo ... What do I do? I did some research and I'm assuming it's not a dead tooth, it doesn't hurt and I'd assume that dentist would love some root canal money if it was, and I don't see how it could be stained either because it grew in that way ... Also what is this white border,it's on the physical tooth not the gums, dental instruments don't scrape it off, brushing has done nothing to help and it's so unnaturally white that it pops from the rest of my teeth making it stand out and making my teeth look less white ... Please help, sorry the picture doesn't do it justice, just imagine it's significantly grayer
tmp_5980-IMAG0017644799577.jpg
tmp_5980-IMAG0017644799577.jpg
and the white line is super bright

You should go and check the vitality of the tooth.during the orthodontic treatment there's a possibility of pulp necrosis . If this is the case you'll need rct .
White spots are there and on the surface of other teeth as well. You notice it more because of the higher contrast.
It seems to me that you may need a filling there because it looks cavitiated but really can't tell for sure through a photo.
Hope it helps.

Vote:

Ask a Question