Front teeth moving slightly

Hello all!

First off, I am a 28 year old male. Unfortunately, when I was a teenager, I took terrible care of my teeth, and I now have 3 teeth missing and 2 crowns. For the last 10 years, I have taken pretty good care of my teeth – brush twice a day, floss occasionally, and use mouthwash often. However, my previous experiences have made me extremely paranoid. Every time I sense something with my teeth I get crazy worried about it.

I say that because it may explain why I MAY be overreacting to a pretty normal phenomenon, but I want to know if this is something other people experience, and if it really is, normal. My two front teeth at the top (incisors) have always been pretty healthy, and according to my dentist last time I saw him, look pretty good. However, when I bite down, and the front teeth touch the bottom teeth, they move ever so slightly forward, and I can also move them ever so slightly forward with my tongue. There is no discomfort or pain, and I can only feel the movement at the very bottom of the teeth, and that only if I REALLY look for it.

Is this normal, or should I immediately run to my dentist?

Mine do the same, but backwards into my mouth. it's a very very slight move, but I can feel it nonetheless. My dentist also says I have perfect teeth.
I asked him about grinding/clamping my jaws since I used to suffer from anxiety - apparently clamping is ok, but not grinding.
You're fine, don't worry about it!

Vote:

Ask a Question