Filling Trouble

I went to a horrible dentist who performed a filling on my upper front molar. the filling was filled with a white composite filling.

Here are my issues:

1.) The filling is very dry. When I wake up in the morning I feel the filling with my tounge and its very dry.

2.) I have pain in my gums between the tooth that was filled and the tooth in front of it. I went to another dentist and she cleaned the area out with floss and the pain went away for a few days but it came back. I notice when I eat stong things like Spearmint/Peppermint gum or Beef Jerkey, it irritates the area if it the flavor makes it way in that area. The "pocket" or space between the two teeth stings and gets irritated.

3.) The dentist lady said she could redo the filling if need be but I don't see how that would take the pain away in that area! Please explain sir!

I would like to thank you for reading this rather lengthy message and I hope you have a great day and can get back to me! Peace!!

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Fillings can't really be "dry" or "wet", it is more likely the filling is not well-polished which makes it feel like extremely fine sandpaper. There may be a problem with the way the filling touches the tooth next to it and the filling may not have been done in a way that minimizes post operative sensitivity. I would consider re-doing the filling, but I would also consider trying a new dentist or making sure the dentist offering to re-do it for free has a good understanding of what is wrong with it. Without that, she is just guessing and the problem may not be solved. Without knowing more, it's hard to say for sure, but it seems re-doing the filling by a competent dentist should resolve your issues. Hope that helps.
Dr. Barniv

Vote:

Ask a Question