Fear of clindamycin

Found out last week that I need to have a molar extracted and an implant done. I'm fine with the implant as I've already had a couple of those. The problem is that the dentist wants to put me on clindamyacin since there is an area showing on the X-rays that she suspects has some infection. She tested the tooth and it has no sensitivity to hot or cold so she said the tooth is dead. I haven't had any pain since last week just a vague "off" feeling in my upper jaw. I absolutely hate antibiotics! I'm allergic to penicillin and everything else just throws my body into chaos. I had a doctor give me cipro one time and it gave me hallucinations. So I'm staring at this bottle of clindamyacin trying to get the courage to take it. I don't see the implant dentist until next Tuesday and can't call him since he's out of town until then. Any help on getting through this? Thanks.

Ask a Question