Dry socket or normal healing process??

Hello! I had my two lower impacted wisdom teeth removed 3 days ago (11/25, today is 11/28) and they were stitched up and seemed to be healing beautifully, I couldn't see any blood clot but I also couldn't see any hole that would indicate dry socket. Before my surgery and for the past few days I was extremely paranoid about getting dry socket so I have tried to be extremely careful. Earlier today both sites still looked good, now on the right side there is a hole that I can clearly see into! It doesn't hurt but from what I understand if it is dry socket then it wouldn't hurt until tomorrow since the hole appeared at some point today, right? I called my surgeon and he told me that it was to be expected but I don't think that he realized how deep the hole is. It's hard to find any clear information about if a gaping hole 3-4 days after surgery is normal or not, please help?! I took a picture if that helps. Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,121

Ask a Question