Discolored false tooth in invisalign

I'm in the process of having and implant done, and I have an invisalign retainer with a pontic (I think that's what it's called) filled into the gap. It's a front tooth, and the substance to fill it is a slick, spongy type, which used to be white, but has now discolored to a near brown--needless to say it looks awful. Is there any way I can whiten this again? I tried using an efferdent cleaner, and the teeth whitener I received from my dentist, but no luck.

Any ideas? I'm not sure how much it will cost to replace, but perhaps that's my only route.

Thanks!!!

Regardless of what you're dentist says, there are no teeth whitening procedures that will make a false tooth or dental work the same color as the rest of the teeth. I would get a second opinion, but chances are if it bothers you that much you may need to see a cosmetic dentist. There are options with crowns and dental implants.

Vote:

Ask a Question