Dental Tourism

Ten years ago; I took a traumatic injury that knocked out my upper left canine, capped and no problem.

My question is two fold....#1 my gum looked inflamed by the general dentist; and only failed the cold test (no pain) by the endodontist. x-rays looked normal even the $150 provided by the endodontist Do I really need a root canal? or is not pain due to a nerve injury from the initial trauma? or are the symptom (no cold pain) due to the microfractures claimed by the endodontist?

#2 I am heading to Europe for the next year, and the endodontist is having a hard time fitting me in.
Is dental tourism a good idea? or wait until I get back? or no treatment?

1. It is really confusing unless you undergo full dental checkup. It needs to be checked before going through certain treatment like root canal.

2. First thing where are you from? Yes, Dental tourism is a good option if you can't have it done in your own country or you local dentist is far more expensive. Europe is a good option but personally if you're from USA then go to Mexico. Remember consider things like travel expenses check on your neighboring countries which offer the same treatment.

Good luck!

Vote:
Endodontic exam showed nothing on the xray, no response to percussion test, cold test was no response to the gum. some pain during cavitron cleaning.

took traumatic injury to the maxilla

just planning some travel to the Czech republic so I will be out of the usa for a few months trying to decide where to have it done because no endodontic appointments before I leave.

Vote:

Ask a Question