Check out my x-rays

I've been to several dentists and have gotten several different opinions on the status of my teeth; ranging from do nothing, to they are rotting away. The apparent level of subjectivity in the field of dentistry is frustrating me. So I'm trying to get as much input as I can gather on my x-rays (what cavities I have, which need to be fixed, and in what order) in order to plan out the best course of action. If you have some experience looking over dental images, then please post your suggestions.

left.jpg

Not sure why anyone would tell you that your teeth are rotting away based on this x-ray. I can see several areas that appear to be decay between your teeth. These are caused from not flossing. Some dentists prefer to "watch" areas of small decay and wait for the decay to get bigger while others like to take care of them as soon as they are visible. If you choose to go the "wait and see" route, you'll want to have new x-rays taken in 6 to 12 months to make sure that the decay doesn't get out of control. Remember, the larger the cavities get the more expensive they will be to repair.

Vote:
Well, they didn't quite say "rotting away", they just said there are over a dozen cavities that must be filled. They talked to me like I was irresponsible for letting my teeth get so bad. It kind of offended me because my last dentist said there were 3, and she wouldn't recommend filling any of them right now. Talk about black and white differences. The real problem is that I just don't know who to believe. I want to avoid the drill if at all possible, but I also don't want to set myself up for a root canal, either. Do you see any specific teeth here that you'd recommend treating immediately? If so, which ones?

Vote:

Ask a Question