Can I avoid amalgam fillings?

Hi there,

I've had a few composite fillings in my teeth for a while (I'm 26 so I really need to start being responsible, I've been developing far too many cavities for my age) and it has got to the point where some of the composite fillings have fallen out and my dentist is now telling me that amalgam is the only viable option. My diet isn't that bad but I do drink far too much beer, which may be the culprit. So my question is there any way I can still get white composite for these deep fillings?

My concerns are mercury poisoning, whether or not mercury calcifies the pineal gland (probably woo) and most importantly, the fact that they look ugly. If amalgam is completely unavoidable, is there at least some form of white coating that can be painted over it? I imagine this question has been asked on here ad nauseum, so apologies in advance.

Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

Amalgam, composite, porcelain and or gold have been common materials to fill holes or cavities in teeth. Dental amalgam is used to repair cavities caused by tooth decay. Dentists say it is the strongest, cheapest and longest-lasting filling in the business. Nice sharing.

Vote:

Ask a Question