Bridge loose on one tooth and not the other

I'm 70 years old and have a bridge on bottom left last three teeth. The bridge moves very slightly on last tooth but the other supporting tooth still has bridge firmly cemented. What are the chances of saving my very good and in good shape bridge by tapping off, without breaking tooth that is still cemented. I want to save my bridge, and make sue dentist will be doing best job possible to remove bridge and not cut it so as to make new bridge, which is extremely expensive. I understand that I may need root canal. But then can old bridge be refit? Is it a big risk to tap it off? What is percentage of breakage of tooth in this case?

With the mobility of the bridge on that tooth, are you sure the tooth isn't broken already? If the mobility of the bridge is due to cement failure, then tapping it off carefully may not break the tooth. And yes, it is possible to refit the bridge if the preparations of the abutment teeth are not tampered with. Good luck

Vote:

Ask a Question