Braces, front teeth not straight, is shaving them a little a good idea?

Hello!
So... I got my braces more than a year ago, because of an overbite, and for the last months I noticed that my two front teeth are not exactly straight, they kinda look a little tilted or something. I have been telling my orthodontist about this for the last five months, at first she said that she couldn't see it, or get what I was talking about
rolleyes.gif
now, she started to see it :D with the help of others... she said that one corner of my teeth is longer and that that's why it looks like that. And that shaving it a little after removing the braces would fix it, but I don't know
rolleyes.gif
won't shaving healthy teeth, even for a little bit, damage it? Is that the only solution? They say that it's nothing, but it matters to me, shouldn't it?

Any advice? :(

IMG_20150501_002023.JPG
IMG_20150501_001749.JPG
IMG_20150501_001651.JPG

and by the way, now that I look at them in the photos, it's much more noticeable
rolleyes.gif

Your Orthodonist is your Orthodonist for a reason. They wouldn't suggest shaving/filing a tooth without reason to believe it would cause any harm to your teeth. Look into cosmetic contouring. you will find some interesting stuff.

Vote:
Contouring the front teeth to make them more even is something that definitely can be done. But only so much of the tooth can be removed safely. My son had his front teeth uneven and the Ortho kept saying they were fine just like your ortho. I wouldn't accept that and went to another ortho for another opinion. New ortho instantly said not only were uneven but slightly slanted. He bent the wire to make the tooth not slant and the bottom edge of tooth was straight and not slanted within days! No contouring needed. Ask your ortho if your tooth is slanted.

Vote:

Ask a Question