Bottom center, front tooth with braces slow to align

Hi, I'm 45 yrs old. Getting ready to have impressions taken(next week) of my lower mouth for 3 crowns to be installed on already set posts(posts have been in mouth for 6 months now. I took the option (from my dentist's advice) to have "glue on braces" put on my lower mouth to straighten the lower front teeth that were out of alignment about 2mm (especially the 2 center ones). I've had the braces on for 4 months now(retightening every 4 weeks) and the 2 front teeth have moved to "almost" perfect alignment. But the last 3-6 weeks theres one center tooth that is being stubborn and refuses to make the last 1mm millimeter push into alignment with the tooth next to it. (See photo). The other dentist in the office says that the stubborn tooth will probably not move anymore bcuz of its root not having anymore room to rotate/move enough to set itself to perfect alignment. They want to take the braces off, put on a retainer, and do impressions for crown install preparations. (I kinda feel Im being rushed)

Should I accept the slightly off tooth as is, or should I keep the braces on another 2-4 months(with more frequent retightening) in hopes that the stubborn tooth will finally set itself in alignment? I paid $1000.00 for the braces to straighten those lower teeth. What do you think?

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Ask a Question