Are root canals really bad????

No and no - as long as they are done to a high standard by a competent dentist.

Thanks but you see all dentists have given me a "No and no" reply as well.

There are no counter arguments from dentists or toxicologists to very convincing points.

I would really like to read a great rebuttal. Losing a tooth is not favorable but having a dead tooth that's inhabited by anaerobic bacteria that secrete toxins for years doesn't sound "healthy" at all.

I had a premolar get drilled twice and after months the filling came out (not amalgam), now all dentists still say that there is a cavity and that they have to do a root canal. Unexplained dental pain in it's area made me visit the dentist. But now I regret "doing the right thing."
I'm left with half the premolar with food getting stuck between it and the adjacent premolar, and the only option I was given to stop this by preserving the tooth (which doesn't give me any pain at all) is to get a root canal while hoping that it I won't get more unwanted news like "a crown is not possible" "we'll have to put mercury in your mouth"

Last edited:

Vote:

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Maybe you aren't finding good counter arguments because none exists? Of course a badly done root canal with x-ray evidence of an ongoing infection is harmful to your health. But I find no evidence that a fully healed, well-done root canal has an ill-effect on your body. Many things you do every day cause inflammation and subject you to toxic chemicals. Are you certain they don't affect your health? If you would prefer to have the tooth removed to avoid any risk at all, then do that. I'm not sure what your looking for here...

Vote:
Maybe you aren't finding good counter arguments because none exists?
Of course a badly done root canal with x-ray evidence of an ongoing infection is harmful to your health. But I find no evidence that a fully healed, well-done root canal has an ill-effect on your body.

If people in the field of medicine present scientific arguments against this treatment and the use of amalgam fillings, then we certainly would love to be reassured by seeing medical officials and dentists falsifying these claims in the same manner. How come no counter arguments exist in the face of compelling statements? like: "it's impossible to completely sterilize the tooth" and "the tooth becomes inhabited by bacteria that keep secreting toxins in a tooth that has been cutoff from the bodies defense system"

Many things you do every day cause inflammation and subject you to toxic chemicals. Are you certain they don't affect your health?

What things? and what did you mean to say about root canals here?

If you would prefer to have the tooth removed to avoid any risk at all, then do that. I'm not sure what your looking for here...

You got confused even though it was a very simple and clear description so nevermind.

Vote:

Naj

Not really sure. I underwent an extraction of root treated tooth and the dentist said a foul smell is coming from that but could not explain the reason

Vote:
Solutions
I to have done extensive research and found testimonials of patients and dentists that they are prone to just get reinfected and cause havoc. Research Dr Robert Rowen from santa Rose. With permission he films his patients through the process of diagnosing and treating his patients my addressing oral issues mostly coming from root canaled teeth.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Dr Rowen is typical of the quacks out there. Statements like, 'The most common being energy-blocking “interference fields”', where he puts interference fields in quotation marks. Where's the evidence that such fields exist, and how are they measured? Then he says he can fix a range of chronic issues that typically come and go over time - very anecdotal. Note that he carefully says that he, "provides supportive therapies for patients challenged with cancer." because he can't say that he actually can treat cancer.

Vote:

Ask a Question