Apico #15 later extracted - #16 same 4 years later

IMG_20160424_221154.jpg
HelloIMG_20160424_221154.jpg ,

Looking for a possible road to recovery and help. No way of going into what I have went through with one root canal then a 2nd 4 years later. I will give a short story explaining what has happened and see if someone ( there seems to not be many available here) can understand what went wrong.

2002. - dentist performed #15 root canal. Seemed to go as expected but approximately about 9 weeks later developed knot high in gum above #15. This was painful and several rounds of antibiotics ( last 2 together were very strong). would not make the hard knot go down. Finally got Apico from Surgeon which went well for a few months then swelling around area where extraction and knot on gum was swelled again. I had terrible headaches and believe me or not very painful joints and stiffness in hands, legs and feet. He did a cone beam scan and went back in to scrape the bone.. Said there was soft mushy bone in there and got all of it out. Continued to have tender spot there and intermittent month on \ off swelling for 3 - 5 days a month. I normally got sick those days and didn't want to get out of bed.

2006 -2007. - The spot at #15 still causing problems on and off with surgeon and dentist not seeing anything worth opening me back up. At least that's what they said. #16 gets a knot and I go back to my surgeon and he really says he can't see anything on cone beam again. He sends me to endo and he takes film before procedure and says I really don't see that you need root canal on the tooth. He said one spot seemed questionable and I passed all hot\ cold test. He decided to go ahead after talking to surgeon. About the same time later on #16 did the same thing as #15 and surgeon said apico or pull it. I wanted it pulled to just get all this over.. It is today and I am in terrible pain at #15 & #16 being the main flare up. #15 is inset where he had to grind it and that area sometimes gets tender with pain. #16 has a knot that is bigger than a tooth would be if it was one in there. This happens several times a month which is increasing along with headaches. I explained to my neurologist that as this swelling in #16 gets to the max my body seems like I am getting the flue.. Everything seems stiff and painful.

That's the quick version and all my docs see this and seem not to know how to treat me. Surgeon just done another cone beam and said he didn't see anything alarming but verified the large swollen knot and pain. He pointed out it could be small bone infection \ micro debris in there butt he could just not go opening me up. What should I do? Neuro said it is not nerve related and is puzzled. Please see one attached photo and this is not the biggest it has gotten at all. Probably along the lines of in the middle.
Thanks. Charles

Attachments

• IMG_20160424_221130.jpg
    IMG_20160424_221130.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 344

Ask a Question