any treatment to save tooth pulp (nerve)?

Recently a large infection was found on my tooth and was informed that the tooth pulp might need to be removed if the infection reaches there. Currently I live in Japan and it seems there is a treatment that dentist applies antibiotics paste on an infected area, which possibly removes the infection and the dentin can be grown back. (This treatment was first developed in Japan and is known as 3Mix, which is to use a mixed paste of three antibiotics. However, nowadays the combination of antibiotics can be different by dentists and the dentist I saw is using metronidazole only because he thinks this alone gives sufficient effectiveness.)

Unfortunately my tooth infection seems really big so I feel no choice of removing tooth pulp sooner or later but at moment thought of giving this antibiotics thing a try in order to delay the removal if possible. I just wondered if this kind of treatment is popular in other countries and is there any other treatment to save tooth pulp? Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this information. I think this mixture used by Most countries now all depends on level of infection. As in your case i went to bad and ended in removal. Hope other may get to notice early and stop it early stage.

Vote:
Hi Anna,
Thank you for your comment. It seems this antibiotics thing is effective and being used for mainly children here.

Hope to hear more people's comments. Thank you!

Vote:
Thanks for comments. I will close this post now.

I am not sure about the root canal procedure. I prefer to get stuffs done as little as possible.

Afterall, I got my teeth applied with 3-Mix. The teeth was infected deeply as nearly reaching nerve. I may need to extract this teeth if I become feel pain in future. I wonder why I did not feel pain at all for this big infection.. having less artificial stuffs on mouth is better for health and well-being I think.

Vote:

Ask a Question