Acute Untreated Periodontal Disease

I am suffering from pretty severe inflammation of my gums in conjunction wiith loosening of my teeth. I've been unable to brush my teeth for over a year without significant bleeding and pain which has caused me to stop brushing entirely. I take medications which dry my mouth as well which in conjunction with not brushing has lead to severe tooth decay and tooth erosion.

I'm unemployed, and see no future here of that changing with blasted teeth. In any case, I realize treatment is not possible due to the extreme cost. Is this even fixable, or do I just have to pull the decayed teeth entirely before they break or become painful? At this point the tooth decay and likely bone issues with the periodontal disease seem to indicate that treating this is a lost cause, even if it didn't cost $40-50K I suspect this would end up costing to fix over the course of years of weekly major dental work appointments.

I get it that it's my fault and I'm a bad person - no need to shame me as I'm fully loaded on the guilt. I'm just hoping someone tells me it's a futile effort so that I an add this to my rapidly growing list of personal failures.

It idnt your fault at all. Have you done sntibiotics? I think that is how it is treated though I am not a dentist.

Find out how it is treated. If it is antibiotics you need go get it online and take it as recomended.

Vote:

Ask a Question